The customer hereby rents two wheel gear from BicycleRental.lv, subject to all terms and conditions of this agreement:
- BicycleRental.lv opening hours during the season (June – September) - 10:00 AM – 19:00 PM. In case of overnight rentals Customer must ensure that rental gear is safely stored inside.
- Delivery of rental gear out of opening hours without notifying BicycleRental.lv will result in an additional charge of 10 € for the first begun hour. Each next hour 15 €. If notified then surchargefor collection of bikes out of opening hours – minimum 5€ (if less than 3 bikes) or 2 € per bike for 0.2 h- 1 h delay. Each next begun hour 7 € per bike.
- At the end of the rental period the customer must return the bicycles to a BicycleRental.lv representative, identified with the original rental contract form, and should never leave the bikes to the hotel attendants, to any other person or at any place without previously notifying BicycleRental.lv about the situation. Failure to do so will leave the customer liable for damage, loss or theft of the rented gear.
Payment, reservation, safety deposit and cancellation
- BicycleRental.lv accepts cash, credit card or payment by bank transfer against invoice.
- On bike(s) delivery customer must read, accept and sign the rental agreement. The customer will be asked for a guarantee deposit for the rented equipment. Credit card authorization or cash deposit are accepted and amount fixed in the rental contract. At the end of the rental period, the customer accepts a charge for any missing or broken items at market prices. The deposit will be refunded if the rented equipment is returned in the same conditions it was procured. If the missing or broken items exceed the deposit amount, the customer must settle the balance.
- We’ll require at least 30% advance rental confirmation deposit for:
- Long period bike rental (7 and more days);
- Gear rental for large groups (more than 4 persons);
- Private guided bike tours with fixed time;
- Private guided Segway type balance scooter tours with fixed time;
- Custom made bike/segway tours or corporate and wedding events;
- All bookings in order 10% discount can be applied.
- Cancellation of reservations without charge are only admitted 24 h before the estimated delivery time. Cancelations after this time or at the moment of delivery will be fully charged according to the customer's reservation.
RENTAL EQUIPMENT AND SAFE OPERATION
- The customer is obliged to take good care of the rented equipment and to protect it from damage, loss or theft under all rental period. In case of damage, loss or theft of the rental equipment, components or any of its parts, BicycleRental.lv shall charge the customer the full cost of the missing items at market prices.
- It isn’t possible to insure bicycles and Segway type scooters in Latvia and the person who rents the bike is fully responsible, that the bike is returned to the BicycleRental.lv in the same shape as it was before the trip. The customer is obliged to lock the bicycle/s properly at all times when unattended, passing the lock through the frame and rear wheel and attaching the bike(s) to something fixed to the ground like a post or fence, if allowed, or else, a bicycle parking. It is highly recommended to keep the bikes secured at all times especially during over-night rentals.
- Special lock in Securing of Segway type balance scooter is used and proper usage and securing will be demonstrated in 5 minutes safety and handling training before the glide.
LIABILITY AND RIGHTS
- The customer is responsible for adequate personal insurance coverage for risks that may occur during the rental period. BicycleRental.lv is not liable for any claims for body injury or harm, accidents, damage caused to third person property or loss of personal belonging caused by weather, sickness, or any other causes whatsoever beyond the control of BicycleRental.lv.
- The customer(s) must respect Latvian traffic regulations and respect the rights of pedestrians, cyclists and vehicles. Any fine due to incorrect use of the rental gear ( bikes and balance scooters) will be completely assumed by the customer.
- BicycleRental.lv is not renting rental equipment to the persons under the influence of alcohol and other addictive drugs.
- In specific situations BicycleRental.lv has a right to reject a rental without any further explanation.
- Personal information provided by customer(s) for rental contract purposes is treated according EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC
- Exclusive place of jurisdiction shall be Riga, Latvia and this contract shall be governed by Latvian law.